The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which comes into force on 25th May 2018 introduces changes to the information that an organisation must provide to individuals relating to how it uses and stores personal data. This Privacy Notice incorporates these new requirements.
This Privacy Notice is for information purposes only. Please rest assured there is no action for you to take.
Charlie’s provides free holistic therapies, friendship and support to anyone affected by Cancer. The information you give us i.e, Email address, Telephone Number, Address details are only used to provide you with information on the services we offer. This Privacy Notice sets out how Fundraising may obtain, use and protect your personal information.
How does Fundraising collect personal information about you?
Fundraising may use personal information provided directly by you, for example when you complete a donation form. We may collect information about you online through our website, via email, the post, over the phone or from discussions with you. Fundraising may also receive other personal information about you from third parties when relevant, such as from other online fundraising platforms e.g. JustGiving.
What personal information may Fundraising collect about you?
Fundraising collect and process the following categories of information:
• Your contact information including your name, address, telephone number and email address.
• Information regarding your donation amount and method, your bank account or card details if required to process payment, the reason for your donation, who you are donating in memory of (when applicable), your tax and gift aid status and your preferred methods of future contact.
• Information regarding any connection you may have to Charlie’s, which will not include any sensitive personal data e.g. specific medical or health related information.
How may Fundraising use your personal information?
Fundraising uses your personal information for the purposes of:
• Administering your donations and gifts including processing payments and communicating with you.
• Communicating with you to inform you of our services.
• Monitoring our standards to ensure good governance.
• Responding to requests from regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials.
On what legal basis does Fundraising use your personal information?
Fundraising uses your personal information:
• In order to perform our contractual obligations with you.
• To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and to allow you to exercise your individual rights and freedoms.
How long will Fundraising keep your personal information?
Fundraising will only keep your information for as long as is necessary to comply with applicable laws and business functions. In most cases this will be for six years after your last interaction with the fundraising department.
Who may Fundraising share your information with?
Fundraising may share your personal information with:
• Charlie’s will not share your information with any third parties.
What are your rights with respect to your personal information?
Under applicable law, you have the right to:
• Request a copy of your personal information.
• Request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information, request the restriction of the processing of your personal information or object to that processing. We may still need to retain your personal information despite your objection, if it is required for legal purposes or if it is necessary for us to fulfil a contractual obligation.
• Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if your privacy rights are violated, or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information; and
• Object to Direct Marketing. If we have collected your consent to send you marketing communications, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights you have with regard to your personal information that Charlie’s possesses please write to:
Unit 2, Madleaze Road
Gloucester GL1 5SJ